Anita Lee Has Joined Digital Crew As Digital Strategist
Anita brings 8 years of cumulative global experience with her and specializes in cross-border trade between Canada, the United States of America and China. As a bi-lingual, bi-cultural marketing, sales and business development professional from China, she fuses her insights about the eastern and western world and produces resourceful results.
During her tenure in Nova Scotia, Canada for 10 years, she led marketing operations for Canadian agriculture, aquaculture, oil & gas, higher education and building materials to China, Brazil, India, the U.S.A and Singapore. As project manager for the Nova Scotia provincial government’s World Trade Center, she introduced about a hundred companies to the Chinese market and led numerous trade missions to China. As the head of North American Chinese markets for Open Blue, a Cuna Del Mar portfolio company, she grew the Asian market sales from 0 to 30% of the company’s total revenue.
Anita hails from Luoyang, Henan in China. She graduated with a degree in English from the Beijing Language and Culture University（北京语言大学), China’s premier national foreign studies university and a degree in fashion design and merchandising from Donghua University (上海东华大学). While living and working in Canada, she became a Canadian citizen and furthered her education with associate degrees in business administration and international business from Nova Scotia Community College. She also completed her bachelor’s degree in marketing at Mount Saint Vincent University. She also holds a professional certification of Certified International Trade Professional designated by the Forum of International Trade.
She is recognized for strong business intelligence, industry connections in Canada and USA:
• F&B: maple products, seafood (shellfish, lobster, fish), Canadian wine, whisky, blueberry juice, noodles, and canned products.
• Pet products: treats, custom made pet meals, pet food, dog yogurt/wine/cookie, dog clothes/down jackets, leash/harness/collar, toys, high end tech products.
• Healthcare: sea plant products, omega 3,6,9 supplement products, adult/children supplements.
• Fashion: connection with HQ Nordstrom and Neiman Marcus, leather products, New York based fashion designers, Sarah Jessica Parker brand, New York based children’s clothing brand.
• Beauty/Cosmetics: prestige brands including La Mer, Dr. Dennis Gross, La Prairie, SkinCeuticals, VivierSkin. Essential oil based, all-natural skincare products, home fragrance products.
She specializes in retail, e-commerce and is an entrepreneurial deal closer with relevant experience in branding strategy, profitability maximization and sourcing. She uses her strong analytical skills to hunt for new and missed opportunities. She is well traveled with frequent visits to North America, Mainland China, Hong Kong, Taiwan and Macau to keep up with their markets.